If you’ve created a Gmail account and want to set up your inbox, here’s a step-by-step explanation of how to organize your tabs.
Gmail is a free email service provided by Google with over 1000 million users, between individuals and businesses. Today, it is one of the most powerful messaging services in the world because of the many features and tools it offers: video calling with up to ten people simultaneously via Hangouts, site monetization. with Adsense, keyword analysis with Adwords …
Set up Gmail inbox
Once inside your Gmail inbox, click the gear in the top right of the interface. Then click “Set up Gmail inbox.“
Once you have selected this option, a screen where you must select the tabs you want to activate for your Gmail account will appear. There are five options:
- Primary: In this tab, all the emails you receive from your contacts will be saved
- Social Network: Tabs are especially equipped for social networking notifications. This way, you will receive an email on this tab every time you receive a Facebook message or someone says that you like your tweet or someone wrote a comment on a photo you posted on Instagram …
- Promotion: In this tab, all the messages of the deals and promotions as well as the news of the different companies that you have registered will appear.
- Notice: This tab is enabled to receive all types of notifications, such as receipts, invoices, or bank statements.
- Forum: In this tab, you will receive all e-mails related to Internet groups and discussion forums.
Once you’ve selected the tabs you want to activate when you set up your Gmail inbox, click the “Save” tab at the bottom.
This way, when you go to Gmail, at the top of your inbox, you can see how many new emails are in each tab you’ve enabled.
If at any time you see an unclassified email in the tab you want, you can easily move it to the tab you want. To do this, you can drag and drop, which is the simplest option; or right-click on the e-mail and select the “Move to tab” option.
We hope we’ve helped you understand how to set up a Gmail inbox. As you can see, this is not an overly complicated process, but there are some concepts that need to be considered to make things right. On our blog, you’ll find other Gmail related articles to make the most of Google’s email service: how to sign in, how to create a Gmail account … we are waiting for you!